Welcome to the new “crazy cat lady.” Once a dowdy, eccentric figure with at least a dozen cats shedding hair on every available surface, today she’s a hip-at-any-age woman who knows an unassailable truth: Cats are awesome! And she declares her kitty love with pride, humour, and – like her cats – an irresistible dose of sass. Her tote bag is stocked with lint rollers and catnip. All her photos get the #catlady or #crazycatlady hashtags. And she’s not alone – each tag has over 4 million posts on Instagram!
With clever text by Ester Scholten and utterly charming artwork by Agnes Loonstra (a regular Flow illustrator), Crazy Cat Lady is a celebration of the quirky, relatable, and instantly recognisable habits of devoted feline fans.
Book features :
- There are mottos for the perpetually fur-covered: Cat hair, don’t care.
- Quotes for the owners who know the more the merrier: Cats are like glasses of wine.
- You can’t have just one.” Flowcharts on what to name your kitten. “How to draw a cat” tutorials.
- Fun facts: Did you know that a cat has 230 bones in its body, more than you?
- And portraits of crazy cat ladies through history, from Florence Nightingale to Katy Perry (whose cat is named Kitty Purry).
At an impulse-friendly price, this sweetly edgy little book has the fresh outlook on cat fanaticism the modern feline lover has been waiting for.